Before you send your artwork, please take a few minutes to work your way through our checklist. This will avoid any unnecessary delays or additional costs and will make sure you get a high quality final print.
We will check artwork prior to printing but additional costs may be incurred if we have to correct your files.
The MRC Media Checklist
- Files supplied as a ‘Press Ready’ PDF
- All images must be high resolution – 300dpi or more
- If you do not have .PDF creating software, you can download a PC version HERE
- Make sure a 3mm safe area is added (3mm within the printable area to ensure nothing is cut off when guillotined)
- Please supply the File as a flat image, 1-up centred on a page
- All colours are CMYK (no Pantone or RGB). The wrong colour set up can affect the quality of the final print.
- Any tint must have at least 8% value to be visible on the final print.
- Make sure all fonts are converted to curves or outlines (If vector graphics supplied)otherwise fonts may be substituted by our press when printed with unusable results
- Be sure that all images and embedded images are at least 300dpi resolution (anything less may look ‘okay’ on screen but will print pixelised or ‘blocky’)
- Any Layers, Transparencies or Editable forms are flattened before creating your .PDF
- Crop marks added to all edges but still centred within the page
- 3mm Bleed is added to all edges (past the printable area)
Other files we accept are: High resolution JPEGS, TIFFS, High resolution PNG, PSD files, Illustrator files, InDesign and EPS files.
If you have any questions please contact us.